Statement of Intent
In line with the fundamental ethos and values of East Midlands Academy Trust and the aspirations of Northamptonshire Children's Trust, our intent for SEND provision at Northampton International Academy is:
- To ensure that every child and young person with SEND makes excellent progress, through access to high quality provision within an inclusive all-through setting.
- To instil in every child and young person the DNA values of collaboration, responsibility, respect, care, excellence, and aspiration which are the building blocks of learning at NIA.
- To engage with children, young people, and their families to promote early identification and provide high quality support that meets their specific needs.
- To collaborate on high quality and impactful multi-agency assessments and quality of plans for those who require specialist levels of support.
- To tailor our whole-school curriculum offer to enhance opportunities for our young people with SEND.
- To develop smooth transition through each key stage and progression to adulthood for all young people with SEND.
We are committed to providing an appropriate and high-quality education to all the children living in our local area. We believe that all children, including those identified as having special educational needs and disabilities have a common entitlement to a broad and balanced academic and social curriculum, which is accessible to them, and to be fully included in all aspects of academy life.
We have a graduated approach to SEND, ensuring early identification of needs and a continuum of support for children in order to enable them to make progress from early years to secondary.