Help with Options
Having to choose which GCSEs and A-Levels to study can be a daunting task yet it is a really important decision.
Use this page to help consider what your choices can lead to. The links below can help match subjects to individual interests and career paths. They will also give you some insight about what to expect from different subject areas.
- Where could computing take you?
- Which careers require you to have a qualification in science?
- What skills or other subjects do I need to study psychology?
- Is the music industry just about singing and playing instruments?
- What could you do with a modern foreign language qualification?
- Why are humanities subjects useful for future applications?
- Will Film Studies lead to a career?
- Is Health and Social care the right course for me?
My World of Work lets you enter up to six subjects that you enjoy and identifies possible careers for you to consider. The National Careers Service has information relating to subjects you are good at and subjects you enjoy.
Science Buddies is a fantastic website if you enjoy the STEM subjects (science, technology, engineering and maths) providing lots of information on different careers linked to these subjects. Although it is an American site the information is just as valid and there is a section on health related careers too.