Geography - Primary
At Northampton International Academy, we follow an ambitious Geography curriculum that reflects the high expectations we have for our pupils and our determination to nurture their curiosity and love of learning.
We believe in giving our children the opportunity to develop a broad knowledge of the world while encouraging them to reflect upon the importance of global changes affecting the world in which we live. Our intention is that the study of Geography will:
- help pupils to raise and answer questions about the natural and human worlds
- enable pupils to think critically about the impact human activity has on the natural world, cities, and population amongst others
- spark pupils’ curiosity about places and people
- promote knowledge, interest and fascination about diverse places, their differing natural geography, human environments and resources
- help pupils to become knowledgeable citizens, concerned about the future of the world, able to understand key geographical concepts and skills and aware of the connections that exist between people and places
Please click on the link below to view our geography curriculum.