Studying religion and belief is an indispensable part of providing pupils with a well-rounded education which has the potential to influence individuals, culture, behaviour and national life. Studying RE enables pupils to hold balanced and well-informed conversations about religion and belief. It provides opportunities for pupils to reflect and analyse, to discuss and debate, to explore and discover and to learn more about the world in which they live.
Through our RE curriculum we aim for pupils:
- to develop religious literacy;
- to acquire and develop knowledge and understanding of Christianity and the other principal religions and world views represented in the United Kingdom;
- to develop an understanding of the influence of the beliefs, values and traditions on individuals, communities, societies and cultures;
- to develop attitudes of respect towards other people who hold views and beliefs different from their own;
- to develop the ability to make reasoned and informed judgements about religious issues, with reference t to the principal religions and world views represented locally and in the United Kingdom.
Please click on the link below to view our RE curriculum.