Our pupils are at the heart of our PSHE curriculum.
Personal, Social, Health and Economic education helps children develop the knowledge, skills and attributes they need in order to be make safe and healthy decisions about their lives. Developing resilience, empathy, self-esteem and confidence are vital in order to face challenges and responsibilities now and in the future.
PSHE has played an integral role during 2020-2021 to help the children understand the world during a global pandemic. Due to the nature of home learning and lots of change during these academic years, PSHE has been essential to help the children throughout. We specifically looked at worries and children’s mental health.
At NIA we offer a comprehensive Programme for Primary PSHE including statutory Relationships and Health Education, in a spiral, progressive scheme of work, giving children relevant learning experiences to help them navigate their world and to develop positive relationships with themselves and others.
We aim to;
- Increase resilience
- Nurture emotional wellbeing and mental health
- Share cultures, appreciate diversity and grow empathy
- Impact positively on relationships
- Promote positive learning behaviours
- Develop healthy, happy children
- Teach children how to keep safe
- Reduce barriers to learning
- Build skills, attitudes, self-esteem and confidence
- Support pupils to understand each other as human beings and global citizens
- Understand pupils better as unique individuals
- Enhance the positive ethos of the whole school community
- Introduce and understand the school value drivers
Through these aims we will improve the life chances of our pupils.
Please click on the link below to view our PHSE curriculum.